- We enter with a commitment to mutual respect, mutual aid, anti-oppression advocacy, conflict resolution, anti-violence, and community building.
- We respect everyone's names, gender pronouns, expressed identities and experiences.
- We support the empowerment of each person and group.
- We commit to making spaces as accessible as possible; physically, socially, and personally.
- We are peaceful and honest.
- We respect each others bodies and spaces.
- We commit to hearing each other and creating opportunities for all voices to be heard.
- We accept a shared responsibility to hold ourselves and one another accountable for these agreements’ intent.
- We encourage open minds and open hearts.
- We promote inclusive learning spaces and questions in the spirit of personal growth.
Why have a Safer Space Agreement?
In order to set a common ground, we state our shared beliefs and desires for the space which is Bike!Bike!. We rally around these ideas for inspiration and to ensure that if there is behaviour which does not make us feel safe, we have something to point to. By agreeing to a commitment of mutual respect, we hope that if conflict does arise, we will remember what we have agreed to, and act accordingly.
How is it enforced?
The host city has the responsibility of mediating safer space issues. They will decide what constitutes a warning and what constitutes expulsion from the conference.