Bike!Bike! is an international, annual gathering organized by and for community bicycle projects. The conference is a space for participants from Community Bike shops and related advocacy groups to converge in a different city each year over a 4 day period to have workshops and strengthen our social network.
- University of Winnipeg (Bulman Center)
- The WRENCH
- The Bike Dump
- The UWSA Bike Lab
- Co-op Vélo-Cité (Université St. Boniface)
- Orioles Bike Cage
- Hugh John MacDonald School
- Goodwill Social Club
The cost is pay what you can with suggested amount between $50-$100 per person. This includes 2 meals per day, housing and a loaner bike. No one will be denied for lack of funds. Payment can be made with paypal during online registration. We do lose 5% to Paypal and also welcome cash, cheque (to "The Wrench") and credit card during in-person conference check-in.
Workshops and Discussions
Workshop sessions at Bike!Bike! are attendee organized and led.
A new B!B! guide to organizing workshops can be found here.
Workshop time-slots for 2017 will be 50 minutes, 80- minutes, and 110 minutes in length.
Some workshops we would like to see are:
- Creating safer spaces - beyond policy
- Enacting Solidarity not Charity
- Hands-off teaching methods
- Mental health awareness
- Self-care & avoiding burnout
- Youth bike programs - retention rates & keeping it fun
- Indigenizing bike education programs
- Working with the school system
- Intersectional politics and power awareness in the bike shop
- Non-hierarchical organizing structures
- Against the non-profit industrial complex
- Privilege and volunteerism
- Looking back at Bike!Bike!: Are we just spinning our wheels?
Please have your workshop proposals along with a short description (20-100 words) submitted by Aug 14th.
Most workshops will be in English with whisper translation to Spanish or French on request and pending availability of translators. Some workshops may be conducted primarily in Spanish, French, or be fully multi-lingual with sequential translation.